Q&A Ball park Price for New Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Thanks...I started looking around and see that your site is full of great information. But to start out, I want to get a very ballpark figure of how much something like this would cost. Could you tell me if I am looking at a $3,000 or 5,000 or 10,000 project with an average fireplace, nothing too fancy?

Answer:

The material is cheap - Say $500-$1000 for a pre-fab fireplace---If you want one of the fancy and very efficient models, count on $2,500 to $4,000 for materials.

The labor and other material can add up, especially if you are going to build the fireplace outside the home. In this case you have to finish the outside of the chase (box around the pipe) to match your siding. Count on spending a TOTAL of 5 grand or so for a regular pre-fab fireplace professionally installed this way.

If you can build it inside the home, you might spend less...but this assumes you are installing into a one-story area.

Status
Not open for further replies.