Ballpark Price??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlset79

Nov 19, 2008
Plattsburgh, NY
hi all.....pretty new to these forums and definitely to natural gas. i was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark figure of how much a LP boiler would cost for a 2040 square ft. home?? not sure if this is correct, but i think that i need around 135000 BTUs. what is a good brand?? i know weil-mclein is for an oil boiler, which is what i would be replacing. i only use this to heat hot water in the summer and as a backup to my pellet boiler. i am looking for something that is about 85-87% efficient since it is only used minimally (have used about 1/8 of a 275 gallon tank since Oct.). also any ideas on cost of install?? i know there are probably a wide range of costs, but i know nothing about this and just need something to start with. thanks so much!!!!!

you most likely can just repalce the burner with an lp burner if that is what you want to do check with the local lp company

using that little oil why not stick with oil? Not sure what lp prices are in your area but here oil is cheaper right now @ $1.89/ gal (I bought some today for the shop) I had a 3 section weil mclain natural gas boiler installed professionally for $2600 3 years ago in a commercial building and I was talking to the heating company that installed it and the price has not went up much since.

Status
Not open for further replies.