bam... scored another 3 tons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoolGuyinCT

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2012
Plymouth CT
now that my suspicion is confirmed about a pellet pig mafia, i strike even faster...

3 tons greene team from southington lowes, 219 per ton, rare 20% lowes coupon i was given a while ago by a buddy, plus 5% lowes card ( usually dont let you stack discounts??? lucky day!!!!)
store credit from a pile of returns (stuff i found in garage while making more pellet room $128 store credit)

$364.75 out of pocket

ray

Nice score, start stockpiling pellets if you got the space!

looks like i,m going on a road trip tonight

the Lowes near me didnt have them as of Sunday...

For my fellow CT pellet heads. Just got this email from Robbie on what store is getting the GT's in my area.

Store City, State Phone # Projected Ship Date
1 LOWE'S 2395 TORRINGTON, CT (860) 618-4273 4-Feb-12
2 LOWE'S 1665 BLOOMFIELD, CT (860) 502-1068 4-Feb-12
3 LOWE'S 650 PLAINVILLE, CT (860) 793-1500 4-Feb-12
4 LOWE'S 623 NEWINGTON, CT (860) 667-7003 4-Feb-12
5 LOWE'S 2910 SOUTHINGTON, CT (860) 385-9193 4-Feb-12
6 LOWE'S 763 MANCHESTER, CT (860) 644-7220 4-Feb-12
7 LOWE'S 2383 CROMWELL, CT (860) 894-3800 4-Feb-12

Don't foget to save me some you pig's! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
For my fellow CT pellet heads. Just got this email from Robbie on what store is getting the GT's in my area.

Store City, State Phone # Projected Ship Date
1 LOWE'S 2395 TORRINGTON, CT (860) 618-4273 4-Feb-12
2 LOWE'S 1665 BLOOMFIELD, CT (860) 502-1068 4-Feb-12
3 LOWE'S 650 PLAINVILLE, CT (860) 793-1500 4-Feb-12
4 LOWE'S 623 NEWINGTON, CT (860) 667-7003 4-Feb-12
5 LOWE'S 2910 SOUTHINGTON, CT (860) 385-9193 4-Feb-12
6 LOWE'S 763 MANCHESTER, CT (860) 644-7220 4-Feb-12
7 LOWE'S 2383 CROMWELL, CT (860) 894-3800 4-Feb-12

Don't foget to save me some you pig's! :cheese:

i got an email last week i think it was saying the Torrington store should have them around the 27th of Jan

hahahahaha waiting on pellets

I just go into the warehouse and grab a ton

ironpony said:

Show Off! ;-P

No waiting for me. I haven't burned enough to make room for the refills yet! Prolly not till March I recon.

j-takeman said:
ironpony said:

Show Off! ;-P

No waiting for me. I haven't burned enough to make room for the refills yet! Prolly not till March I recon.

I was thinking about buying another load this spring
not now
piles not going down much this year

PoolGuyinCT said:
3 tons greene team from southington lowes, 219 per ton, rare 20% lowes coupon i was given a while ago by a buddy, plus 5% lowes card ( usually dont let you stack discounts??? lucky day!!!!)
store credit from a pile of returns (stuff i found in garage while making more pellet room $128 store credit)

ray

Where did that 20% coupon come from? That is what I need!

Bill

I've got to do something about space here, seems we have become an excess stuff store house.

I had managed to free up one stack slot only to see stuff piled up on what should have been another compost bin side. I'm currently working on the slot beside it but it will take a bit of time to get down to the pallet at this rate.

Nice Score.... Love that Price.

For that price, I would stack 10 ton away. I might even pay to have it delivered. ;-P

It's a bit of a drive for you guys, but the lowes in milford has several tons.

Last time I saw GT's at Lowes they were $275 a ton in my area. I would jump on tonnage at that price.

Hi Ray- didn't know you burned. Still got the rx-7's? We met a few times when E was doing his swap in the del sol.

SmokeyTheBear said:
I've got to do something about space here, seems we have become an excess stuff store house.

I had managed to free up one stack slot only to see stuff piled up on what should have been another compost bin side. I'm currently working on the slot beside it but it will take a bit of time to get down to the pallet at this rate.

We did a few rounds of storage issues when the kids all moved back and relocated to their own homes. Then the boys came and dug me out. They tossed out about everything that wasn't nailed down. One son told me "we tossed out that old record player, but we saved all your lp's". All was well after that.

briansol said:
Hi Ray- didn't know you burned. Still got the rx-7's? We met a few times when E was doing his swap in the del sol.

never had rx7s & whats a del sol??

ray

del sol is a small honda car, kinda like a turd, ugly too

DexterDay said:

For that price, I would stack 10 ton away. I might even pay to have it delivered. ;-P

Come on...Delivered...Half the fun is going to get them and hauling them around!! I just bought a trailer on ebay with a 12,500 gvwr so I can get 4 or five ton at a time next year!!

Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:

Come on...Delivered...Half the fun is going to get them and hauling them around!! I just bought a trailer on ebay with a 12,500 gvwr so I can get 4 or five ton at a time next year!!

Sold ours a couple years ago when we got rid of the horses. Sold it with our New Holland 180 Skid Steer as a package.

Never thought I would need one that big again.... Boy was I wrong.

Congratulations on the purchase. I only need to borrow it for a few hours!! ;-P

Eatonpcat said:
Anytime Kenis...But I don't pick it up till Saturday!! Would love to have that skid steer!!
Wish I would have kept it.... Thats for sure. But without the Horses, there was not much use for it.

Could have used it to unload a Truckload (22 ton) of Somersets into the Barn!!

Hindsight is 20/20 though!!! ;-P

PoolGuyinCT said:
now that my suspicion is confirmed about a pellet pig mafia, i strike even faster...

$364.75 out of pocket

ray

Unfortunately, the Cromwell, CT Lowes would not apply my 10% coupon because the ton was already discounted ("contractor" pack, haha). I argued with the manager but gave up when it became clear he wouldn't give me the $22 credit. I was a little ticked off and felt like walking away, but my stove really likes the Greene Teams and I wanted the pellets. I don't have a truck and live very close to this store so it isn't worth it going to another Lowes that might let me use the coupon.

that is BS!!!!!!!! i'm even PO'd!! if i recall its 10% off any purchase up to 5 grand?!?!? it is a purchase under 5k. i must say im suprised lowes is rather "forgiving." id call a national desk, hopefully they will iron it out or throw you a bone.

btw

this years GT and my Castile are a match made in heaven!!! going to be in the 50s for a bit today so, im throwing in a sack of supremes. th they cost th same, the GT are more valueable to me...

ray

Unfortunately, right on the 10% moving kit coupon it states: "Coupon cannot be used in conjuction with any other coupon or discount"

I'm sure there are plenty of other Lowe's that would let it slide, but I didn't have a leg to stand on.

Status
Not open for further replies.