bar adjuster help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
I have an older husky 350-adjust screw turns with difficulty, makes a popping sound, but does not slide to tighten or loosen. Does not seem to be any way to"get to"assembly beneath. Any help would be great, thanks!

sorry - here's pic...tried blasting it with gumout,no change. I guess whatever marries the set screw to the drive screw underneath is frozen / broken? I can pull the set screw out about 1/8 inch

How do I take the clutch cover off to replace this thing? ( assuming it needs to come off)

Attachments

• husq350.JPG
    husq350.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 99
Its hard to tell but by the noise I would bet its strip and pretty common! I seen them so bad that someone would put a nice big screw driver on it and not even loosen the bar!

Yep - found a youtube video that showed me how to knock the wheel off with a screwdriver, and the adjuster screw was all bent. Part should be in monday. Saw was a $150 CL score.

Reactions: smokinj
Status
Not open for further replies.