barefoot pellets maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malibuman00

Oct 24, 2008
Southern Maine
I was able to get a ton of barefoot pellets this past June. They only had 1 ton left at the time and never received any more. The pellets are the best I have ever used. Does anyone know in Southern Maine where there might be some for sale. Thanks

let me know too. I'm always keeping my options open. Thanx

I just got off the phone with the manufacturer and he told me that noone carries them in maine. Bummer i told him. He told me that he wished he could ramp up production but the raw material isnt there. so untill i can get some we are all gonna have to burn others

Consider yourselves lucky! I heard that Barefoot Pellets were "the best"...so I bought 3 ton for this year....WORST pellets I have ever burned!!!! I have a Whitfield Quest insert stove..the hopper has a 40lb capacity....With every other brand that I have used, I can only fit one full bag into it....but...with these pellets this year...I have room for about another quarter bag! The manufacturer must have changed the receipe...and added more glue(?) to add weight....we are getting a ton per pallet....but definitely not a ton of pellets....and because of the added ingredients...WAY more ash than they say...plus a lot of pancaking in the firebox...I will NOT buy this brand ever again!

casketdude... Funny you say that about Barefoot pellets because they are the best I have burned. Very clean and no clinkers, also super heat. sounds like you just got a bad batch

Just FYI , Tri County Coal in Carmel , NY had abot 30 tons of barefoots last weekend , and best of all they are stored in a covered garage.
I know its pretty far but they are here , tons of them
I may just buy them ALL ....oink ...oink

casketdude said:
Consider yourselves lucky! I heard that Barefoot Pellets were "the best"...so I bought 3 ton for this year....WORST pellets I have ever burned!!!! I have a Whitfield Quest insert stove..the hopper has a 40lb capacity....With every other brand that I have used, I can only fit one full bag into it....but...with these pellets this year...I have room for about another quarter bag! The manufacturer must have changed the receipe...and added more glue(?) to add weight....we are getting a ton per pallet....but definitely not a ton of pellets....and because of the added ingredients...WAY more ash than they say...plus a lot of pancaking in the firebox...I will NOT buy this brand ever again!

If you still have any, I'll buy them from you.

I bought some last weekend at Pellets Direct in Uxbridge MA. Going to buy a ton this Saturday. The hottest burning pellet I've seen so far, by far.

casketdude said:
That's normal to find between different brands with different species of wood. Soft woods take up more space... hardwoods less.

I have a hopper extension on my St. Croix. said to be 60 pound deal... I just filled my empty stove with my fir Eureka's and they came to within two inches of the top. When I was burning Marth hardwood pellets I could put in 1 1/3 bags to fill to that same level.

I tried about 6 bags of Barefoots and found the heat output the hottest of any others I have tried. Would buy in bulk for next season ( if the price comes down to reasonable - only! ) except for the volume thing.
I have not burned many but enough Barefoots to make me question their cost effectiveness. I have read opinions on this forum that they do burn hotter but do so because of the smaller size adding more pellet to the feed rate. So, when normally buring
on #3 use #2. I tried that - I can't figure because it seems to go through pellets faster. Now I look at a 40 lb bag of Barefoots side by side against another brand and look the same. Fill the hopper and it "seems" 1/3 less filled. I understand smaller compacts but bag to bag comparison is the same in size.
So what I can't figure is do I burn 1 + bags = to 1 bag of another brand to get more heat? Ugh! too many pellets!!

Status
Not open for further replies.