Barefoot Pellets & my Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donn Fletcher

Jan 10, 2012
South Western NH
I just bought a ton of Barefoots. By far the most heat my stove has thrown out since purchasing it in Oct. my question is it possible to burn too hot can you do any damage. I have the dials turned to Room temp fan on high & set at 80 with feed rate at 3 1/2
It's 10 degrees tonight. Gave the the stove a good cleaning today. My thermo readings are 86 in the room with stove( that thermometer is placed on an upper shelf about 7ft high my thermostat in the next room reads 72 and my upstairs reads 70
The top and sides of the stove are real hot to touch

Donn Fletcher said:
I just bought a ton of Barefoots. By far the most heat my stove has thrown out since purchasing it in Oct. my question is it possible to burn too hot can you do any damage. I have the dials turned to Room temp fan on high & set at 80 with feed rate at 3 1/2
It's 10 degrees tonight. Gave the the stove a good cleaning today. My thermo readings are 86 in the room with stove( that thermometer is placed on an upper shelf about 7ft high my thermostat in the next room reads 72 and my upstairs reads 70
The top and sides of the stove are real hot to touch

Thats pretty much wide open throttle for that XXV but it sounds like its making the grade!! As you have read here, the ESP will keep the stove from over heating by regulating the feed rate for you but at 3 1/2 you should be just about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.