Barefoot Premium Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ww&hk

Jun 16, 2009
Central CT
Stopped by my local Agway today and grabbed a ton of Barefoot pellets for 279/Ton. Thats $21 cheaper than the unheard of pellets at Lowes and HD in this area. The local pellet only dealers are all at 299/Ton and up. I use the Envi 8's in my insert with what cord wood I can pick up. Anyone have experience with the Barefoot pellets?

So far the barefoots are the best pellets I have used to date. Very clean burning with lots of heat.

They use a smaller die to help the auger feed system. you will get a larger volume of pellets per auger turn into the burn pot. So you might need to drop the feed rate compared to other pellets.

You also got a good deal on them. I haven't been able to touch them for less than $300.00/ton around me.

You should like them and have no issues.

jay

warmwife&happykids; said:
.....Anyone have experience with the Barefoot pellets?
Even though I think that price is still way too high, Barefoot Pellets are GREAT.....get rave reviews on this forum. You should have no issues burning them.

macman,

In CT $279.00 isn't all that high. But I agree any pellet over $250 is high. But in these times what are we to do? I would pay $279 for them(only because there Barefoots) but not going to even think of paying $300.

As he said Even the big box stores are getting $298 for crappy pallets in CT.

Not may brands for $250 here except maybe maine woods and ACP. And thats because they aren't moving them very well. My local TCS has Maine Woods for $289.00 and they think its a good DEAL! Lowes has Tiddy Timbers and Green Team for $298.00. UGH!

jay

Jay, I guess your right about the CT prices...their higher than NY.....YIKES!

Lowes here has Clean Energy for $260.50/ton, HD has a multiple ton deal for Stove Chow (5 tons will end up at $259/ton),
and the TSC has Premier and Amer. Wood Fiber at $275. I can get Lignetics at $270 if I want to drive a ways, and O'Malleys are available at $260.

macman,

Those prices would look so much better at $200 or so.

But I don't think we will see that if ever again!

Hope to see some drop next year?

jay

Thank you guys for your comments. I stopped at Agway for something completely different from pellets and made an impulse purchase based on what I thought I remembered from this forum. If they are half as good as the Lignetics I will be a happy guy!

Macman,
I am now sitting on 9 tons of bio-mass fuel. Do I qualify?

If they are half as good as the Lignetics I will be a happy guy!

They are BETTER than Lignetcs. At least with the heat output! Same ash if not better. And they don't have that funny smell!

I burned Barefoots last year in my Harman Accentra based on the info I got on the forums. Being a new pellet stove user I can't give you a benchmark on Barefoots all I can say is that they lived up to their reputation from this forum and I bought two additional tons in June of this year at I think it was $265/ton form South Shore Pellets on their early buy program.

I saw some good advice on this forum about lowering the auger speed which is what I started doing near the end of the heating season and I really saw my heat from the pellets increase after that.

Does it make me crazy if I am thinking about pellets and heating on the hottest week of the year?

Macman,
I am now sitting on 9 tons of bio-mass fuel. Do I qualify?
With 9 tons, I'd say that you're definitely in :)

Now, don't forget to send me the non-refundable $50 pellet pig Dues for this year (do it quick, before 2nd High Grand Poobah Eric at Kinsman hears about it......something about "there isn't any dues", but don't listen to that man behind the pellet curtain. :lol:

Oh, and BTW, don't forget to add the following to your signature line: “You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Pooba - Pellet Pig Club

Status
Not open for further replies.