barefoot revisited

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

summit

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
central maine
Well, I asked about Barefoot pellets a couple weeks back, and due to the positive feedback here, and the nice clean burn we got from their samples, we pulled the trigger and got a truckload to sell at the shop. Trying a couple bags is one thing, but to hear so many positives on them here as well helped us make an informed decision on getting them. Thanks to all who chimed in! the biggest challenge now is to get folks to buy a ton! We have told so many people to try out a few before you buy a whole ton kinda philosophy in their pellets, that they are hesitant to grab a ton this late in the season. I have no doubt that after the few bags we have out there are used, people will be back for more!
on a side note:It was that way, intially, when we got Okies, but they are now a best seller (and it happened pretty quickly).. I feel the two brands are pretty equal. But, (and this ones' 4 you BTU) the Okies are a way prettier pellet, all other things being fairly equal!

the okies really are the best, at least 'round here, IMO... but its nice to have that hardwood option for people, as well as another quality pellet.. I don't like selling inferior pellets to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.