Barefoot vs. La Cretes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Sorjanen

Sep 21, 2012
Moscow Maine
Trying to figure out which would be better. Both are about $335.00 per ton delivered. Have been trying some LG's and they seem better than the MWP blends in my stove.

I would go for the barefoots, but i've never burned la crete's.

try to try a few bags of each first and gets results in your stove first hand, as everything burns differently everywhere.

This is like saying hmmmm...."Jessica Alba or Megan Fox." I mean can you really go wrong here?

fox has toe thumbs..... so yes, you can go wrong. :D alba all day

This is like saying hmmmm...."Jessica Alba or Megan Fox." I mean can you really go wrong here?
I figured both were good Barefoots I can get a few bags to try, the La Cretes not sure if I can find a few bags. Sib sells by the ton to deliver. thanks for the input

I burned Barefoots last year and am burning LaCretes this year. After all is said and done I think the Barefoots are slightly better for me. They burn a little cleaner than the batch of LaCretes I have. Slightly less ash to about the same ash and the just about the same temp wise.

I burned Barefoots last year and am burning LaCretes this year. After all is said and done I think the Barefoots are slightly better for me. They burn a little cleaner than the batch of LaCretes I have. Slightly less ash to about the same ash and the just about the same temp wise.
Maybe I will grab some Barefoots and give them a shot and if they burn good will get a ton. South of Boston hmmmm grew up south of Boston

Maybe I will grab some Barefoots and give them a shot and if they burn good will get a ton. South of Boston hmmmm grew up south of Boston
Whitman

cool, my ex boss was from there. Had a Buick store on the Automile

Where are you getting Barefoots?

I'm in Maine too - Sibs & Rocky's sell LaCretes and in New Gloucester, you can get Oakies & Geneva's

Go with the Barefoots, I've been burning them for years and they stay pretty consistent with their quality

Bought two bags of Barefoot, if the other bag is like the first will not be buying these again. Lots of fines pellet size is all over the place, and color is not consistant at all. Some are very light colored. They say they are super premium but I don't think so. All the other pellets I have tried the pellets are more consistant. If I had a camera and could post pics would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.