Barefoot vs. New England wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
From those with englander stoves that have tried both of these brands, would you be inclined to one or another?

Looks like I can get NE for $205 (shipping included) at the newenglandpelletllc.com site (brown bag??), however I didn't get a chance to try the brand.

On the other hand I tried the Barefoot from ctpellet.com and it seemed to be good but the price is $224 plus $75 for shipping for the 1st ton and then $10 for each additional ton, they also have the Turman 100% Oak and the Hamer's Hot Ones also for same price as the Barefoot.

I'm not going to buy right now but doing the math and getting prepared for the next couple of weeks.

What would you recommend?

ENGLANDER 25-PVDC. I burn New Englands in brown bag with red writing from the Jaffrey NH plant. Great product work well for me and at that price it is a good deal. I paid 295.00 a ton at the local stove store.

I burned 2 ton of the pellets from New England's new plant near Utica, NY. They burn well and have little to no fines and consistent length.

A local shop has a sale running on orders received and paid for by May 31 of $199/ton.

thanks for the replies guys.
Another question, I see that there are 2 types of bags on the NE brand, the brown or red letters one and the other looks like green letters, what's the difference?

I don't have an englader, but I have found with my stove that no pellets can touch the heat output from the Barefoots.

The Red Lettered Bags are Hardwood while the green are softwood. I think the softwoods are shipped to
New England Pellet and then packaged there while the red lettered ones are made at the Jaffrey NH plant

One more Q guys.

One site I was considering to buy the Barefoot is out of pellets, they told me they'll get more but price may be higher (there were $224/ton), they're not sure though. He also ran out of the Turman and offered me the Hammer Hot Ones and said it is a very good pellet (hmmmm....)

I asked him about the New England pellet and he told me he could get them for me but would not recommend NEWP, said that NE used to be a very reputable company with good product but not any longer..........any thoughts on this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.