Barefoot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
Well thanks to everyone for the help. After getting 5 bags of barefoot tonight I am sweating it out on heat setting 3 of 7 the thermostat is pegged at 90 degrees in my living room. I can't imagine turning it up. I will be getting a ton ASAP.

Don't mind paying a little more for Barefoot...... Consistently Excellent...... A "TRUE" Premium Grade Pellet...... Could be used as a benchmark to grade other brands.....

During the day I typically run the stove on manual and at night i keep the thermostat at 65. Last night I bumped the thermostat up to 70. When i woke up the house was warmer and it didn't look like I had used anymore pellets than I used to. I will never touch freedom fuel pellets again. I noticed the length of the pellets was twice the size of the barefoots and the diameter 3 times as small as them as well. To me that means they flow into the hopper faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.