Barely any Heat Coming from my XXV after a Full Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humpy Dumpty is all back together again. Just plugged her back in and waiting for her to ignite. Thanks again guys. I know nothing about these stoves but you guys and this forum make things a lot easier!

Humpy Dumpty is all back together again. Just plugged her back in and waiting for her to ignite. Thanks again guys. I know nothing about these stoves but you guys and this forum make things a lot easier!
Awesome Donn. Glad the broken egg is whole again. Bet you won't make that mistake again!:p

Now she's back. Much better flame and heat.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Spock
I sense a disturbance in the force ..err..jinx is human fallacy where one believes the impossible can happen because they said it won't. I believe the human antidote for this is "knock on wood".

Still lol. And, of course, I read it hearing Mr. Nimoys voice in my head ;) Out of all the old shows on TV, I can't believe classic ST isn't one of em....at least not on DirecTV.

I just have 1 quick question. Is it normal to get a burning smell from the stove after a full cleaning? I'm figuring you probably disturb some dust in some places and its just burning off

Very nice, Donn. Great looking stove and the flame looks quite healthy.

Is it a smoke smell or a hot metal/paint smell. My guess is the latter and IMO that's normal. I'd imagine its running tip top and on high trying to bring your house back up to temp. I'm assuming you bought that stove new so you'll likely notice that smell for a while depending how hard you run it.

Still lol. And, of course, I read it hearing Mr. Nimoys voice in my head ;) Out of all the old shows on TV, I can't believe classic ST isn't one of em....at least not on DirecTV.
Lol. Glad you got it. Spock (Nimoy) was by far the best character of the franchise IMO. Although I am liking the new Spock as well. I think sci-fi was running the re-mastered ST episodes some time back but the original just doesn't seem to have the staying power of next gen which you can still find on directv. I will confess, If I happen to surf upon it I put down the remote. Good story telling IMO.

Lol. Glad you got it. Spock (Nimoy) was by far the best character of the franchise IMO. Although I am liking the new Spock as well. I think sci-fi was running the re-mastered ST episodes some time back but the original just doesn't seem to have the staying power of next gen which you can still find on directv. I will confess, If I happen to surf upon it I put down the remote. Good story telling IMO.

I'm sure you know, but there's another movie coming out around May or June. The last movie was much better than I expected.

I remember watching the original series growing up. They were re-runs at the time and this was pre-cable days. Actually, where I grew up in MA, we didn't get cable til 1991! Seeing them reminds me of my youth so they illicit those good vibes. I remember watching the Next Gen for a year or so in the early 90's and I agree, superior writing. Still like the hokyness of the originals though.

There's a transformer on a pole outside my work. On top is a strange insulator, or something, and collectively they look like Nomad from The Changeling episode. I notice it almost every day and chuckle....and hope I'm not sterilized ;) WTH happened in my childhood? Lol

Reactions: Mr. Spock
Status
Not open for further replies.