Bargin prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood thing

May 20, 2010
potter co. pa.
I went food shopping with my wife today. At the market they had kiln dried firewood in plastic wrap for sale. 3/4 of a cu ft for $6.99 plus tax. If there is 128 cu ft in a cord, this is $1192.98 a cord ! I knew I was in the wrong business --- yea right , the shelf was still full. By the way, still winter here, snowing like heck.

wow I was getting hosed then...Years ago I used to sell firewood to the local Walleye fishermen during the spring walleye run for $2 a bushel basket. I guess if you adjust for inflation I was actually pretty close, so maybe I didnt get hosed....But I am in the wrong darn business

Jeff

I predict that shelf will stay full for a long time at those prices.

Spring is springing here. Early today I saw a bunch of geese and some sandhill cranes. I've talked to several folks and most are telling me the robins are returning but we usually don't see robins until another couple of weeks here. Not sure why except that we are in the woods.

It was fairly warm early when the sun was out but now it is cloudy and turning chilly. Snow showers predicted. Ground is still plenty white.

I agree, I am glad its the other guy. Everybody here can't wait unit spring. Its been an old fashion winter here. I am surprised that people forget so quickly.
Robins here won't be for another month. My wife & I feed & watch the birds daily having our morning coffee. Not 50 years here but about 40 years burning wood. I just love it. My name is Dennis. Thanks for the post.

Well Hello Dennis. I am surprised the robins wait so long to show up there. And you are right about how folks forget so quickly. Every year I hear people say how bad it is or then say something about last year that just was not so...

Backwoods Savage said:
Well Hello Dennis. I am surprised the robins wait so long to show up there. And you are right about how folks forget so quickly. Every year I hear people say how bad it is or then say something about las
t year that just was not so...

Sunday afternoon--- my wife and I took some recycling down town and down the road was a full lawn of robins ! Seems early to me but what the heck, old guy can't remember. Later this week they will be in my apple tree all humped up cover with snow, dumb birds. All is good here, wood boiler going, just starting the wood stove in the living room, my ederly parents coming for super, they like it about 85*. thanks for the post, won't be long & we can mow grass

denny

Robins: Many people ( including myself) look for them on the ground where we are used to seeing them tugging on worms all season long.

They do show up earlier, but they know how to eat berries and stay away from the snow - just like the few robins that do stay around all year.

Well, around here we've always said the robins have to get their feathers white twice before Spring is here for good. Snow isn't even gone right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.