Barometric Damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laynes69

Minister of Fire
Oct 2, 2006
Ashland OH
Anyone know of a way to set a barometric damper without a draft gauge? I just replaced mine because the old one was junk and now I need to set this one.

best way to set it is by adjusting the weight position, Watch its movement ,when the system is running if it is opening about 1/4 way it is functioning properly, if opening more closer to the full 90 degrees then adjust the weight to reduce the amount it swings open.

That's good to know my might be opening to much.

Well I have noticed a huge increase in heat of the furnace and it burns much longer. I have a 35 foot masonary chimney that draws when cold, and I have noticed I have overdraft. Well my old damper wasn't working so I replaced it. It has the weight that can go on either side I have it set where its about where your talking. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.