Look up Elm Stoves

DevilsBrew likes this.
  2. DevilsBrew

DevilsBrew
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 21, 2013
    Thanks, Blades.

I'm still stuck on that mini mass heater I posted a while back. I wish I could find something similar.

3. fshbt

fshbt
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 25, 2016
    Loc:
    ohio
    I have one in my pole barn, on my second one actually. The double barrel( I installed it recently) doesn't have quite the draft that my single barrel did, but either way they put out the heat. Granted I have a fairly good size, uninsulated pole barn. But it'll raise the temp 30 degrees in the dead of a northern ohio winter. I like mine, not sure if I like the double as much as the single but very cost effective.

4. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    Iv found i get a lot more heat from the double barrel than the single. I usually use a free standing fan to blow the heat off the top barrel and even with that the flue temp is very high.Otherwise most of that heat is lost up the flue. I do use very dry wood though ,that helps a lot.

5. fshbt

fshbt
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 25, 2016
    Loc:
    ohio
    I built my first one out of miscellaneous pieces and pats from my woods out back(no exaggeration) and drew from the hip. I made it "vented"to much. So I had the problem/benefits of the hot fire

6. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    I made a MEGA version of the barrel stove out of an old oil tank. For a large building this baby really cooks, with all that large sq. footage of steel as a heat exchanger. i had to train 2 fans on the thing to keep it from glowing. burnt the zinc off the flue pipe.
    Easy to overfire these home made stoves,so sealing up the cracks is important.

7. kennyp2339

kennyp2339
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 16, 2014
    Loc:
    From your own signature, you should know that safety has no price tag.