Barter system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msherer

Burning Hunk
Dec 9, 2010
IL
I talked with a fella at work today and he can't find a good supplier of wood. I know he raises turkey so I proposed a trade, wood for turkey. I don't sell wood but I like turkey, especially farm raised. I hope this works out and I can trade for turkey occassionally. I think it's a good deal.

Matt

How this country was made 300 years ago. Hopefully it works out for both of you!

Turkey was running around $3.00 a pound for the last couple of weeks around here.

I sure hope you really like turkey. ;lol

Reactions: Ashful
Yeah, that would be a lot of turkey but if I can get a couple of good breast for a load I would be happy. My truck is a GMC Canyon so it's not going to be so bad.

Matt

Great arrangement! I always love bartering.

I'll take a cord of turkey please.

bardering is always the best. When I moved to the rural spot where im at and met my neighbour (now friend) 2 years ago I was new to the whole country bardering thing. I've traded labour for wood, concert tickets for wood,drywall and barn-board. The list is endless , plus it goes both ways. Always a good deal when it benefits both parties and you can keep uncle sam out of it for the most part

Reactions: bad news
"Heat for meat".
You could post that on craigslist and see who applies.

Any way you can get good product without early the money outright, you have saved a bunch of cash.

Reactions: bad news
Status
Not open for further replies.