baseboard operation plumbed in a radiant circuit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barnartist

Minister of Fire
I will have one room that will not have the radiant floor I am installing. can I run a baseboard by using one of or part of the radiant circuits I have? The third and final circuit I am running will be very short, probably only need 100' out of the 300' roll to finish. Would there be enough heat there to run a baseboard so I dont have to plumb an individual line off my main header(that comes into the house).

All my heating areas have forced air as a backup, It does not have to be a perfect system for zero degree days.

Base boards require higher temp water than radiant floor. I would install a panel radiator in that room.

A friend of mine did just that for a Bathroom.

got a welding project in the shop next week, expect to have some 3 x 1 x 1/8 tubing left over. will be building a custom radiator for the front room.

barnartist said:
I am looking at the rads... how did the friends bath install work out?

Not sure.

I will ask him. He was doing the install last summer.

It is a thought. Would it work? baseboard needs 170/180, but this is designed for on and off operation. BUT, if it has 140 running thru it all the time, would it heat the room? Overheat it? Try it, tell us how it works. If it doesn't, than plumb the way you need to.

just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.