"Basement dwellers unite" Furnace owners welcome too!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Should we start a club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen!

so i got tricked by mr. spock by rejecting my request to join the basement dweller club, shame on him! we basement dwellers will stomp on him and take his beer & pellet stash only if you let me lead the charge....

Cut him some slack, he just needs to repent for being a surface dweller by adding another stove in his basement. He's not really a bad guy.

Is there a special place where us surface dwellers can go for re-training?

Welcome to the trolls, beer and pellets for all!

Ahhh, I see the ranks are growing.

Need to restate the warning

BEWARE THE PELLET TROLLS ::-)

Smokes basement. They will never be the same !!!

In the infamous words of " Tommy Chong" Ohhh WOW MAN!
chong.jpg

Is there a special place where us surface dwellers can go for re-training?

Local pub, Call us once you've awaken in the gutter. ~~~~The trolls will drag ya home~~~~! :p

I didn't see G's reply. I liked his better. Couple a nights in smokes basement(cativity) should be all the training ya need!

Very cool. Glad that this music is not dying away

ETA: If he is really into that style; especially live concerts, urge him to use ear protection. I can tell from experience as the ringing in my ears never stops. Wayyyy too many loud concerts and Boston clubs in my younger years. Does not keep me away though as I still go to as many concerts as possible. I do now use ear plugs for the opening bands. Not so much for the band I am there to really see :cool:

I saw Hot Tuna at the Palace in Albany in the 70s. Front row. Right in front of the left bank of speakers. Holy Crap. Borrowed cigarettes from a bud & stuffed the filters in my ears. Still couldn't hear anything but a continuous "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" the next day. Add that to 25 years in a machine shop & then building decks & installing fireplaces in new construction using power saws. Wonder I can hear AT ALL. Daily bouts of really screetchy hi-pitched tinnitis, 6 - 8 times for 10 - 15 seconds a clip...

Reactions: gbreda
I saw Hot Tuna at the Palace in Albany in the 70s. Front row. Right in front of the left bank of speakers. Holy Crap. Borrowed cigarettes from a bud & stuffed the filters in my ears. Still couldn't hear anything but a continuous "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" the next day. Add that to 25 years in a machine shop & then building decks & installing fireplaces in new construction using power saws. Wonder I can hear AT ALL. Daily bouts of really screetchy hi-pitched tinnitis, 6 - 8 times for 10 - 15 seconds a clip...

Yeah, spent my late teens and early twenties trolling the clubs of Boston. All 300-1500 person places like The Channel, The Rat, The Paradise, Lansdowne, Jacks ... etc. Boston always has great local bands to follow. Also, there was a time in the eighties when the big time rockers of the 60's and 70's were on the skids and playing at small clubs prior to the comebacks that they are in now. Saw some of greats such as Gregg Allman, James Brown, Roger Daltrey, Clapton, John Entwistle, Felix Cavaliere, ELP, and many more. I always made it to the front of the stage and right by the wall of speakers. Many nihjts of music till 2AM closing time and then making it to work the next day ! Loved it and still do ! But the tinnitus is there.

Best night I can remember (many foggy nights ;)) from that period was at The Channel with Dickey Betts Band doing a set, Gregg Allman Band doing a set then both bands on stage together for 2 hours of Allman Brothers.

ETA: Dont think we ever paid more than 15 bucks back then! Nowadays it is ridiculous. Meadowbrook in Gilford NH just announced Motley Crue at 90 freaking bucks. Hope they have alot of empty seats for that kind of money. ::-)

Reactions: will711 and DAKSY
so i got tricked by mr. spock by rejecting my request to join the basement dweller club, shame on him! we basement dwellers will stomp on him and take his beer & pellet stash only if you let me lead the charge....

This surface dweller (former basement dweller) shed some light on you and the basement dwellers couldn't see you in the shadows. I see they found you ... and see how quickly the dark side makes you evil. ;)

No harm intended ivanhoe, just messing around. Your in the club and all is well.;em

You shall pass, Just have pitty on the surface people. For they not know what they have become! :(

Beer and pellets are fair game. No blood shead though. I get quizy at the sight of it. ;sick
You can bring your pitch forks and torches if you leave them at door, come in and drink some beer, let the pellets warm your bones, chillax and have some fun. And don't worry about her, she won't rip your limbs off unless I tell her not too.:p

Reactions: gbreda and jtakeman
You can bring your pitch forks and torches if you leave them at door, come in and drink some beer, let the pellets warm your bones, chillax and have some fun. And don't worry about her, she won't rip your limbs off unless I tell her not too.:p

I'll be sure to bring an offering for her. Nice juicy T-bone or sumin. ::-)

I'll be sure to bring an offering for her. Nice juicy T-bone or sumin. ::-)

Damn J, you must really be scared of her. I'm thinkin Milk Bone. Unless you already ate the steak part of it ==c

Live at the Fillmore East one of the best live recording Ever;ex

Dunno, Neil Young and Crazy Horse "Live Rust" is mine. Actally, anything live with Neil playing "Old Black" . I can pick out that guitar's sound anywhere !

Reactions: will711
Dunno, Neil Young and Crazy Horse "Live Rust" is mine. Actally, anything live with Neil playing "Old Black" . I can pick out that guitar's sound anywhere !
Neil is Great ;ex saw him with CSNY at football stadium . Another great Live album is Little Feat" Waiting for Columbus"

Neil is Great ;ex saw him with CSNY at football stadium . Another great Live album is Little Feat" Waiting for Columbus"

Neil is not an acquired taste. No one seems to "like " his style. Generally Its love or hate. For me, I have seen him at least a dozen times in every aspect of his ever changing style. Dont get me wrong, he has put out some real crap in regards to a few of his recordings.

But live, he is the real thing. At Live Aide in Mansfield MA a few years ago, he did a set that closed with the Beatles "A day in the life"-that itself is strange for him. But during his fifteen minute rendition, he tore the place up simulating the last half of that songs orchestral piece on Old Black using reverb and distortion like only he can. When he finished you could have heard a pin drop for a few seconds and the place erupted ! A guy behind us said: "what an arsehole, how can Willy Nelson follow that? He should have done Cinnamon Girl or something." Not the reaction I or anyone else had

Reactions: Shaw520 and will711
Damn J, you must really be scared of her. I'm thinkin Milk Bone. Unless you already ate the steak part of it ==c
Naw, Jay has the right idea. She'll eat the t-bone if I let her but she pass on the milk bone. I let the boss spoil her.

We're startin our own club. Just for fun

Thanx, Geno. Maybe I should have mentioned that the BGE is just outside the door & about 10 feet from the P61A. "

Northern New England Chapter logging in with a pork butt on the BGE today-generously rubbed and smoked indirect, low/slow with a big chunk of applewood on top of the lump. Meeting convenes at my house around 7PM :cool:

Northern New England Chapter logging in with a pork butt on the BGE today-generously rubbed and smoked low/slow. Meeting convenes at my house around 7PM :cool:

I'm starting to droll ;)

Reactions: jtakeman and gbreda
Status
Not open for further replies.