basement finished with a hearth for the Quad 5700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbore

Dec 11, 2007
Northeast PA
After 2 years with the Quad, I decided to finally drywall, insulate, and carpet the basemet. A simple ceramic tile hearth really helped to add a little character...

Attachments

• 100_3784.jpg
    100_3784.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 771
  • 100_3785.jpg
    100_3785.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 763
That's the stove I wanted but certain people around here insisted otherwise.

Nice clean set up fullbore...if you're a 24/7 burner I'm thinking you'll be in for a pleasant surprise after insulating the basement. I esp like the wider than required minimum distance in front of the hearth too.

That's a good looking stove and installation. I really like the step top series from QF.

This will be my 3rd year burning 24/7. I was easily hitting temps of 90* in the basement when it was unfinished. I think I'll be able to conserve a little on the wood consumption this year. I can't wait.

savageactor7 said:
That's the stove I wanted but certain people around here insisted otherwise.

Nice clean set up fullbore...if you're a 24/7 burner I'm thinking you'll be in for a pleasant surprise after insulating the basement. I esp like the wider than required minimum distance in front of the hearth too.

Sav's right, nice payoff coming to you!

WoodButcher

On average, there was about a ten degree difference between the floors. Most often, the basement was 85*(burning cherry at 2/3 capacity) and the first floor was around 75*. This year I'll be burning oak and hickory, so I'm hoping for a noticeable difference.

I'M JEALOUS!

looks great, that looks like it can hold alot of wood. what kind of burn times do you get out of her?

nice job on the basement and I know you're enjoying that stove.
just got mine lit before xmas last year and wouldnt have gone any smaller
enjoy
rn

Thanks for all the comments. I was easily getting 12 hours burn time with cherry and 14 hours with oak. The firebox is big, but I would have bought bigger stove. LOL!!

Real nice job on the cellar...total pro job.
Love the top quality equipment you have.

If I had my stove in that same spot the house would self combust or melt the carpet; whichever came first.
I used to get the; "Dad, what's that plastic smell?" = melted vinal floor through 2 concrete boards (resolved by adding a third layer under brick and sheetmetal)

Keep us updated later this fall.
Would like to see a night pic with the door open full crank!
Did I already say I love the stove
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.