Basement Insulation clearence.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quartermoon14

Oct 28, 2008
Northern MD
I am installing an Englander 30 NC in my basement. The house was built this year and local building codes required the contractor to install insulation on the concrete walls. The insulation has a white plastic outer cover which my contractor said is fire retardent. The triple insulated chimney comes straight down through the house and comes through the basement ceiling approximately 8-12 inches from the insulation. Is anyone familiar with this insulation? And how should I go about installing the stove pipe. Fire board or cement board several inchese from the insulation? Remove the insulation from the area of the stove pipe? Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.