Basement wood stove to flue tile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

59griff

Mar 9, 2015
central Missouri
I have a 7" by 11"clay flue tile to basement, I need to connect vent to it.New insert fireplace,with round duct ,which I cant seem to find an adapter for.or masonry which I am afraid of the price.The new insert fireplaces seem like a good do it myself project but I am afraid of the round pipe to clay flue liner sealed behind the wall.

What stove are you talking about hooking up?

they make different shape liners. Ovel, square, rectangle, just check out the sites.

I have looked at dozens the problem is not what type, but how to connect it to my 11" x7" clay flue liner. Which the stove representative told me was unacceptable
The clay Flue liner is from the basement so it has an offset in it about 10"feet up .Can I put a liner inside of that, would that be the solution

What insert are you trying to install?

If you don't reline that chimney, you will regret it. The basement install is already an uphill start.

What are you calling an "insert" here?

What are you calling an "insert" here?
exactly my thought

had decided on an insert type ,wood frame slide the insert in, but was told i could not hook that type up to a clay flue liner
An insert does not slide into a wood frame that would be a zero clearance unit and no it cannot be vented into a masonry chimney

"wood frame slide the insert in"
Danger, Danger Will Robinson...Danger, Danger

Status
Not open for further replies.