Basswood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Starting to clear some downed trees for a new trail for the rhino, this will get me to a area with beech,cherry and some hard maple. Picture 100 0366 is the downed basswood and 100 0370 is after I bucked it up.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0366.jpg
    100_0366.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 100_0370.jpg
    100_0370.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 297
It's very pretty out in the woods when there is a little snow on the ground. Especially when there are some chips from the saw scattered about!

quads said:
It's very pretty out in the woods when there is a little snow on the ground. Especially when there are some chips from the saw scattered about!

Quads I had to leave the woods ealier than planned, the wind picked up and it started to pour.

zap

Pour rain? There goes your snow. We lost half of the snow we had because of rain on Christmas.

Our snow is all gone this morning, but forget about that. Woodcarvers want that Basswood, they'd go nuts if they heard you were burnunbg it.

I don't like cutting up that downed stuff when it is covered with snow so usually leave them until Spring. I agree with quads about the snow in the woods when it has sawdust from fresh cutting. Very pretty.

I did cut a fairly large ash yesterday but did not get it all cut up so that will be covered with snow. I fell it right on a big brush pile which was created from cutting other ash trees. I keep cutting the ash but don't seem to be making much of a dent in the woods except one area which is pretty clear now.

We lost most of our snow on Christmas too. Got some more last night. More coming so they say in the forecast but no big storms in sight right now. Probably get an inch at a time or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.