Battery backup?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muleman51

Feb 18, 2008
SE Minnesota
After experiencing one meltdown I don't want another. What would be a good way to back the pump up so that you could keep the heat away until the fire might be cool enough to not cause considerable damage. I'm not interested in a generator system as we rarely have electrical problems. The old OWB could hold the heat. The adobe has no place to go with the heat.

hey,
check out Xpower powersource by Xantrex .they have a couple of units that have battery and inverter combined.From what I understand you plug them in standard outlet and they have an auto switch and recharge.The run times are pretty long and not bad priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.