Bayou pellets after 8 bags.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the second to worst pellet i have ever burned. The first being ACP. On good word from a few HD customers I bought ten bags. Normally I buy two and then try them first. Big mistake. These pellets are the second most dirtiest pellet I have ever burned. Lots of ash, dirty yellow flame, daily crude on the glass. My stove is filthy. Total junk.

I actually can't wait to get back to burning the Cleanfires(which I said were just ok)

As far as heat output? My house is warm, no problems there. Of course it has been more mild.

The winners this season are the Lignetics press to logs, and believe it or not, Pennington Nature's Heat.

Mark :)

I got just under 0.5% on the batch I tried. The heat was ok but a bit low. I guess its hit or miss with them and or there batches vary.

I went thru almost a ton of these this year.i found they were very inconsistent burning.one bag would burn ok but the next would be bad,little heat-lots of ash etc.i've still got a few bags left that i'm saving for the milder weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.