BAYOU PELLETS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
Had the opportunity to pick up 20 bags of Bayou season 2010 pellets last spring.
Although dusty but after sifted these pellets burn real nice and hot hot with very very low ash.
Nice pellet and would purchase if available in this area.
I have 4 bags left and am holding them off for 0 degree nights if we get any.

http://bayouwoodproducts.com/pellets.html

Any Thoughts.

I bought 30 bags this year and have burned 26. I agree, a nice burning pellet, low ash, a little dust. They just don't put out the heat that I'm used to burning Greene Team. But I'm now burning MWP that I just had delivered . The Bayou have much less ash but the MWP has less fines. I think Bayou puts out a little more heat.

I have a ton I got with my stove. Currently burning them with the warmer weather in New England. They are considered a "shoulder season pellet" with decent heat and low ash. I like them for the low ash but definitely do not put out the heat like Barefoots or Spruce Pointes. Will buy for shoulder season if the price is right but once the weather gets colder, I'm pulling out the good stuff!

It's funny how they do well for your stoves, but this pellet was junk in mine. Just goes to show you to always test a few bags before buying a ton.

I am burning a ton of them now. They burn very clean. As for heat, about the same as MWP for me. I don't consider either of them shoulder season pellets. there are plenty of other pellets out there that deserve that recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.