BB sent some of his Karma my way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Ok, so I have a little Lopi Answer Insert...and usually run it around 500 or so.
So tonight with it already being 4 outside, I decided to fill it up good.
Waited until the stove was at 275 or so, and stuffed it with some 2 year old oak and maple.
Kids were in bed, so I was playing the new Nintendo Wii...addicting that dame thing is.
Anyway, I''m playing this flying game, and then I remember....THE STOVE........run over and the needle is at 700......I grab the IR gun and it reads 791...cut back the air, turn the blower to full....and wait and wait and wait...temps slowly are coming back down.
Just really glad I had the blower, and I am not sure what it would have reached without it.....wierd thing is that happened about 30 minutes after I read BB post...hhhhmmmmmmmmm.
74 in my living room right now, and the stove is pumping out the heat.
I'll take the surround off in the am and check things out.
Anyone run their little Lopi stove up to 800 before?

daveswoodhauler said:
Ok, so I have a little Lopi Answer Insert...and usually run it around 500 or so.
So tonight with it already being 4 outside, I decided to fill it up good.
Waited until the stove was at 275 or so, and stuffed it with some 2 year old oak and maple.
Kids were in bed, so I was playing the new Nintendo Wii...addicting that dame thing is.
Anyway, I''m playing this flying game, and then I remeber....THE STOVE........run over and the needle is at 700......I grad the IR gun and it reads 791...cut back the air, turn the blower to full....and wait and wait and wait...temps slowly are coming back down.
Just really glad I had the blower, and I am not sure what it would have reached without it.....wierd thing is that happened about 30 minutes after I read BB post...hhhhmmmmmmmmm.
Anyone run their little Lopi stove up toe 800 before?

It's a steel stove. Should be fine. I've touched 900 with the Vigilant.

I've touched 900f + with the PE.

Made for an interesting evening, to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.