Be Careful...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, I guess he was lucky. Sorry to hear about it. Hows the wind down your way today,Loon?

Thanks for posting loon. A good reminder. Glad to see he had that smoke alarm.

Those can be a bit scary for sure.

Big wind today here rotti and ya i was out in it zap ;-P

more to this story gas but i am a 2 finger typer :coolhmm:

Me and Emma loaded up some ash and cherry today which we will take over to my buddy's in the morning, just for thats all we can really do for them..

Will tell ya one thing though.. our smoke detectors have brand new batteries in them right now!

loon

DSC00516-1.jpg

Loon, we change the batteries every fall, the smoke detectors are also hardwired so the battery is just the backup. Nice load of wood, tough situation.

zap

These stories and the ones about generators run indoors every year distress me the most. So unnecessary and so many people lose their homes or worse.

Talked to the fella today and he said after 50 years of burning he just got complacent that night :blank:

Sure hope it doesn't happen to anyone here on the board...

loon

BrotherBart said:
These stories and the ones about generators run indoors every year distress me the most. So unnecessary and so many people lose their homes or worse.

+1 . . . One of the reasons why despite fire codes and fire safety education there will always be a need for the local fire department . . . sad to say. On the flip side . . . while the guy got complacent with the hot ashes at least he wasn't complacent when it came to making sure the smoke detector(s) worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.