Beacon Pellet and Coal Supply CT - still in business?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfglickman

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2012
NW CT
I found this listing and they're about an hour away from me, but their phone is disconnected.

Anyone know if they are still in business? Looking for a good local source with a variety of pellets in/near NW CT.

Thanks!
Mary

Mary,
Not sure about Beacon Pellet but a couple of pellet dealers local to NW Ct. include CTPellet in Torrington (www.ctpellet.com) and BTPellet in Bristol (www.btpellet.com). I've taken delivery from ctpellet and have been pleased. There is also the variety of pellets that are obtained by the big box stores such as TSC, Home Depot and Lowes at various times. Also I understand Agway sells pellets but haven't been to check out yet. Hope this helps.
Joe

Mary, I'm in Northwestern CT. too. Town of Winsted. We have a couple of places real close. In Torrington CTPellet is the closest to me. Tell Scott I sent you! And in Bristol we have BTpellet. BT also has a warehouse in Suffield CT. Hocon down on old route 8 sells O'malleys. Tractor supply in the old Ames plaza has MaineWoods. And Lowes and HomeDepot have them too(brands very). True Value has Michigans(but not that great a pellet).

I have never bought from beacon, So I don't really know. But that doesn't sound good.

Edit, Dang that whlago fella is too quick! ;-)

Thanks folks! I'll add that my local Agway (Woodbury) has Wood Pellets Inc. brand and the True Value Hardware in Bethlehem and Southbury have Lignetics. I'm just looking for variety to try. Went to BT one day and got an assortment, but they told me they'd only let me buy an assortment that one time - after that it was tons only or I had to choose from what was open on the dock (there were 2 kinds I think, and it depends on the day what's there...too long a ride for me to sample just 2 in the future, though I'd order a ton from them no problem, they were really nice).

I think I got my stove late enough in a mild season that I'm going to sample away until Spring and then buy a couple of tons when I see good prices in the warm weather...so the hunt is going to be part of the fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.