Bear trouble in Northern Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bushman

Burning Hunk
Dec 28, 2014
Northern Michigan
I found a PaPa Bear last week on Craigslist and was able to make a trade with a guy from the area where the stove was located, He bought it and I met him in Cadillac and gave him some Honda ATC stuff for the stove.

Stove is in need of facelift but otherwise in good shape. Should be an easy resto.

Here's the problem, got 3 Bears hanging around my garage!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 262
If you have more than 2 Fishers your a hoarder!
That Papa is an early mode with the ball handle. Any markings on the bottom?

This just kind of occurred, a bunch of Honda 3 wheelers found my garage as a safe haven too. I'm not hoarding, just protecting them, if you think about it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 209
No 3 wheelers for me but I do have a Mama Bear which acts as a back up heater for my house, a Papa Bear I had to buy because it was in decent shape, only a few miles from my house and it was only $100, and a Baby Bear, same deal as the Papa. The Baby will go in a cabin I hope to build in WV, the Papa will go up for sale this winter.

Last edited:
I feel better. I do have a 3 wheeler! 1985 Honda 250 SX in mint condition. Runs great and actually was on it today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.