Bearly enough food for him!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How much do you think the bear weighs.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This guy came around after the bird feeders 1 year ago, 75 to 100 feet on the south side of the house. We kept the bird feeders in this spring.

Zap

Attachments

• bear1.jpg
    bear1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 431
A forum member captured this pic a year or two ago of bears near his wood pile that didn't seem interested in food.

Attachments

• bears.jpg
    bears.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 356
Yikes...it's hard enough defending against squirrels.

Nice pictures. I assume no one was bothered by Brother Bear(s).
I grew up in Alaska - lots of bear stories there. One neighbour was picking blue berries with a scoop and dumping them into a bucket fitted onto her belt on her backside. She'd pick for 10 minutes, then reach around to see if her bucket was full yet. On one reach-test, she thought the bucket felt less full than the previous reach-test, so she turned around to see if she had a leak or spill. There was a bear cub, snacking out of her bucket! Time to get outa the patch!
We have a golden retriever at home. He barks at squirrels, racoons, deer, coyote and bear (in that order, from daily to once every 2 years). I have 5 kids playing in the yard - I don't mind him keeping the wild(er) life at bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.