beating the heat!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

Hauled three large poplar logs and one large white oak log home from the job in the valley yesterday afternoon, still have 5 logs to get over there some time this week. I was out there this morning at 7:00am to get some of the white oak and beech from the past weeks' cutting split up. Got a chunk of it done (probably around 1/2 cord) before the kids even woke up. Supposed to get in the 90's this afternoon, no trees scheduled today so we're hitting the pool later this afternoon!
2012-06-09_19-32-50_714.jpg 2012-06-10_09-31-58_756.jpg

you deverve a little R & R
That's what my body is telling me too, Tim! Gonna do some odds and ends later this evening, but for the rest of the afternoon I'm gonna get some R&R with the kids in the pool!

That old boat trailer (I think that's what it is) makes a nice log hauler.

Reactions: ScotO
I don't mind poplar at all. If only I had more storage room, I would collect it as there is plenty available around here for the scrounging. The oak is the sweet icing on top. Good score!

That old boat trailer (I think that's what it is) makes a nice log hauler.
Lukem, you are correct. It does make a nice log hauler, I plan on decking it this winter. Already have the crossmembers made and I made stake pockets to weld on it so I can put sides on it for the big scores..

Logs that size will make the stack grow fast.
+1 on nice trailer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.