Beautiful European Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedude110

Feeling the Heat
Aug 12, 2011
Central Connecticut
In another thread, there was discussion about why Europe seems to be so far ahead of the States when it comes to Pellet Stoves/Pellet tech.

Look at the stove linked here (The Thermorossi Slim Thermocomfort)-- I've included a pic below:

http://www.thermorossi.com/eng/pellets_det.php?gruppo=3&padre=2&figlio=1&id=47

I would buy that stove in a heartbeat -- it's too sexy for Harman to handle!

slimthermo.jpg

That's a beauty ! Kinda looks like a updated 70's floor model stereo system with a natural flame ?

Neat looking unit!!! Those Europeans realy have great technology!! Look at Mercedes and myself, both German. :)

I'll take one of those for Christmas!!

AR

probably have a fire sale soon, since most of them are bankrupt. All these enviromental solutions come at a price.

I don't know, it's just my opinion but I don't like european styling. Just my opinion.

The very first pellet stove for residential use was the Whitfield Legend from 1984. Below I have arranged the Legend and the Thermorossi together for a closer comparison... interesting, isn't it?

Attachments

• Whitfield%20%20Legend.jpg
    Whitfield%20%20Legend.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 535
  • slimthermoC_part1.jpg
    slimthermoC_part1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 504
Europeans probably look at our North American stoves and admire their simplicity, sturdiness, and heat output.

Just saying, the grass only looks greener.

It's nice and sleek but it doesn't look like it holds many pellets. Where's the hopper?

Count me among those who like the style of the American stoves over these "modern" looking Euro units.

I look at units like the M55C and the Mt. Vernon AE and one word comes to mind: handsome.

vinny11950 said:
Europeans probably look at our North American stoves and admire their simplicity, sturdiness, and heat output.

Just saying, the grass only looks greener.

I completly agree. We as Americans are so brainwashed its not even funny. You can probably have a tech trouble shoot that thing through a modem, brain washed people think that's conveinant.

I admit its a pretty looking stove, but why is that better? You can probably get one at IKEA. In fact you can and there right by the 3 legged chairs with no back rest that look awesome and a good conversation piece. Don't you dare try to sit in one though.

On a side note, a guy at work, who himself is brain washed, said that Mercedes makes such a good car they don't even have a dipstick. I just rolled my eyes and walked away. As a mechanicaly curious guy I have to wonder why in the world would you make a car without a dipstick?

BTW its probably a great stove. I know nothing about it.

Don't like nothing about that look.Looks like a 1950's stereo with a fire in the middle.Give me a good ole AMERICAN Harman ...

UncleAnthony said:
That's a beauty ! Kinda looks like a updated 70's floor model stereo system with a natural flame ?

Exactly my first thought. My second thought was "Why doesn't my stove have speakers like that?"

tony58 said:
Give me a good ole AMERICAN Harman ...

You guys crack me up. I love my American Harman (she's keeping me warm as I type), but I've been known to lust after slim, unobtainable Italians, too ...

Man that thing can throw out some bass with those 10 in subwoofers on each side. Looks like and old 70's 8 track unit updated for the 21 st century.

Although the orange graphic equalizer flickering in the window looks cool.

I dont like the look myself. Harmans look better IMO.

I don't care much for the styling of the "stove", but she's not hard to look at. %-P

thermosilent.jpg

Although I'm not sure what she has to do with the zoomable product images?

thedude110 said:
UncleAnthony said:

Exactly my first thought. My second thought was "Why doesn't my stove have speakers like that?"

tony58 said:
Give me a good ole AMERICAN Harman ...

You guys crack me up. I love my American Harman (she's keeping me warm as I type), but I've been known to lust after slim, unobtainable Italians, too ...

LMAO!!!!

PA_Clinker said:
I don't care much for the styling of the "stove", but she's not hard to look at. %-P

thermosilent.jpg

Although I'm not sure what she has to do with the zoomable product images?

LMAO x2

Status
Not open for further replies.