beautiful installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably used ducting for the exhaust too.

The Homeowner should have upgraded to the flexible connector so he could aim the heat where he wanted it !!

Reactions: bcarton
It's amazing how we all stress over installing our stoves safety and properly, then there are people like this who don't even glance at the manual and their houses still don't burn down.

Nice hearth pad

00E0E_5v40dU5W08y_600x450.jpg Had to post for others to enjoy

My first response to the post was it looks like ducting:(

When they pull the stove will probably just screw a double electrical plate over the hole with the rolling hearth pad bringing the stoves exhaust height up to the standard outlet height.

I guess they didn't have PVC pipe that size............
With that angle through the wall, I'm betting there's no outside trim piece and probably no spindle in the wall. Just stuffed it full of insulation. OMG!

Reactions: SidecarFlip
They need a patent appkication on the pad, great idea. Move your stove to a cold room for additional heat.... Flex duct out the window.... fantastic.

Reactions: rona and tjnamtiw
I guess they didn't have PVC pipe that size............
With that angle through the wall, I'm betting there's no outside trim piece and probably no spindle in the wall. Just stuffed it full of insulation. OMG!

No fear, don't get that hot......................

Should have it professionally installed it will be a cold day when hes got nothing to heat his house when he loses electricity. Although maybe its safer for him to get rid of it.

And people wonder why insurance companies want to do inspections before insuring.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Should have it professionally installed it will be a cold day when hes got nothing to heat his house when he loses electricity. Although maybe its safer for him to get rid of it.
"MAYBE" ???

It's amazing how we all stress over installing our stoves safety and properly, then there are people like this who don't even glance at the manual and their houses still don't burn down.

Amen

Dryer duct? why didn't I think of that? I could have saved 400 bucks. Also, to get a well used $999.00 stove for $850.00, who could pass up this deal?

Nice install looks like it will be easy to wheel that thing out to the trash when he's done with it and I'm sure he he lives close to the fire dept so no worries mate.

Dryer duct? why didn't I think of that? I could have saved 400 bucks. Also, to get a well used $999.00 stove for $850.00, who could pass up this deal?
Just need to take a day off to clean and try and figure out how to reverse all the settings he probably screwed with along with the burning of probably pellets short of rat turds. One big cheap mistake usually means a lot more somewhere else. IME

Last edited:
After all that is done to ensure are stoves are safe and operate properly you have to take some time to really appreciate an install like this. it's a head shaker,and is funny to me how some even get their ideas and how this would be ok.

After all that is done to ensure are stoves are safe and operate properly you have to take some time to really appreciate an install like this. it's a head shaker,and is funny to me how some even get their ideas and how this would be ok.
I stand and stare Go over the manual and Installation on both my stoves almost daily checking everything. And then you see this!

I really can not get over someone doing this. That even looks like insulation stuffed around the pipe. I guess they were concerned about air leaks. They probably disabled the smoke alarms so they would not go off.

Don't see a OAK shame on them. It would have been a better install if a OAK was present.

Status
Not open for further replies.