Beaver cleanup score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mike it's amazing what a little critter like a beaver can create! I have been out to Webster and I like the area.. I installed and wired the street lights on main street about 1-2 yrs ago.. I drove by that lake and always got a laugh out of the name and researched what it meant..What I found was it was named by indians and it meant "you fish on your side and I'll fish on my side and nobody fishes in the middle" lol.. Too funny!

Ray

raybonz said:
Hey Mike it's amazing what a little critter like a beaver can create! I have been out to Webster and I like the area.. I installed and wired the street lights on main street about 1-2 yrs ago.. I drove by that lake and always got a laugh out of the name and researched what it meant..What I found was it was named by indians and it meant "you fish on your side and I'll fish on my side and nobody fishes in the middle" lol.. Too funny!

Ray

It was named by the Nipmucs (who spoke the Algonquian language) but more likely means "Fishing Place at the Boundaries -- Neutral Meeting Grounds". The name has been lengthened by the man a couple times... check out Wikipedia for better detail, there is too much to put here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Chaubunagungamaug

Preventative measure taken this morning to ward off Beaver attacks! Hopefully itll keep em away until I get the four wheeler up here to move it. I inspected the downed trees and, unfortunately, it look like 95% are Poplar.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 208
Beaver do not hibernate but stay close to their lodge to conserve energy once snow and ice set in. Your prolly safe unless we have a warm spell and the ice melts off the creek or pond. Either way it's prolly a good move tarping it as it will start the drying process . I'm sure they know what your up to as they can smell fresh cut asspin a long way off. It's their favorite wood.

Lee, What do you do with the beavers? Pelts, food, what does a beaver tasts like? How come you don't have a nice beaver hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.