Beckwell P23 firepot mod?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance1

Nov 12, 2008
Has anyone with this unit drilled the holes larger (or more holes) on the firepot?

On mine, adjusting the damper doesn't do much past a 1/4". On "C" setting, the flame is still lazy and soot on the glass.

Lance1 said:
Has anyone with this unit drilled the holes larger (or more holes) on the firepot?

On mine, adjusting the damper doesn't do much past a 1/4". On "C" setting, the flame is still lazy and soot on the glass.

Level "C"? How old is the unit? You might need the board upgrade kit.

Eric

My guess is 10 years old (came with my house). It has 4 feed speeds. (just did all the maintenance)

What does the controller have to do with the burn pot airflow? I have a lazy flame and soot issue.

Lance1 said:
My guess is 10 years old (came with my house). It has 4 feed speeds. (just did all the maintenance)

What does the controller have to do with the burn pot airflow? I have a lazy flame and soot issue.

Check the voltage coming from the board to the combustion blower. If the board is bad you could be getting a lower voltage causing the blower to spin slower. When have you cleaned the blower? When have you cleaned the vent system?

Eric

120VAC, 0.4 amps on the combustion blower, it does makes a little rattle noise until the stove heats up.

I just cleaned everything from the chimney to the burn pot (cleared the holes with a drill bit). This includes wire brushed/vac the vent system, cleaned the fan blades (compressed air), lubed 3 motors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.