Beckwell The Big E SP1000 Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnTarsh

Feb 10, 2015
Jersey
Hey Guys, I am new to the pellet stove world, just brought a house and it came with it. I have burned about a ton of pellet so far and now I seem to have an issue were the convection blower is not turning on. I have cleaned and deep cleaned the pellet stove numerous times in between burns but recently the convection blower just won't turn on. A fire starts, and it stays lit for a good amount of time, but it never turns on. Any help would be appreciated, if you need more info please ask, also I am new to this so I only know what I have read in these forums. Thanks - John

I first would try see if the fan is even operational by trying to powering it with a separate cord or removing and testing. Heat and dust bunnies kill the fans on a regular basis if the windings are not blown out and you have no idea of the previous owners care.

Reactions: JohnTarsh
I first would try see if the fan is even operational by trying to powering it with a separate cord or removing and testing. Heat and dust bunnies kill the fans on a regular basis if the windings are not blown out and you have no idea of the previous owners care.

Thanks, I did just that, and the blower would budge but not rotate. I will be buying a new one.

Before pitching it in the trash you could possibly bring in to a electric motor shop and they may be able to put in new bearings if the motor is just stuck or dragging hard.

John, read your manual, if you don't have one, download from Breckwell. Lot's of info, especially troubleshooting. # 2 flashing is air # 3 flashing is fuel. Make sure you clean it real good, including taking plates out from behind burnpot. Don2222 from east coast hearth has an upgraded blower with larger impellers-works good. While you are at it, buy a low limit and high limit switch for spares. Burn good pellets and that stove will work as good as stoves many times the Big E price. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.