Beech and Hard Maple Up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Finished stacking the 2 face cord, hotter than h ll plus the deer fly helped out. I have some smaller stuff going on top to finish it off.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1028.jpg
    100_1028.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 100_1029.jpg
    100_1029.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 304
That beech will make the cherry look like childs play! (in the stove)

smokinjay said:

Smokin I have a choice of stacking or go up in the woods and work on the good size hard maple or the beech in the bowl, I'm thinking of the hard maple.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Smokin I have a choice of stacking or go up in the woods and work on the good size hard maple or the beech in the bowl, I'm thinking of the hard maple.

zap

That beech wood be my first choice if possible, seasons fast big btu and burns a long time. My favorite by far. You can coast through Jan. with that stuff. My girl friend favorite would be beech with a good measure of hedge apple... (hedge is much harder to cut so its down on my list a little)

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

That beech wood be my first choice if possible, seasons fast big btu and burns a long time. My favorite by far. You can coast through Jan. with that stuff. My girl friend favorite would be beech with a good measure of hedge apple... (hedge is much harder to cut so its down on my list a little)

I have to go up two hills so I can reach the hard maple and the beech is right after the first hill so I'll stop and see what shape the beech is in (it's been down) if good I'll take your advice and work on it and if it's not hard maple here I come.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

I have to go up two hills so I can reach the hard maple and the beech is right after the first hill so I'll stop and see what shape the beech is in (it's been down) if good I'll take your advice and work on it and if it's not hard maple here I come.

zap

I know where there a monster beech down the guy will not give it up....No one I know can cut it, hes got my number so at some point I should get a call. Keep my finger crossed...This year all my hard woods are ready white pin and red oak, hickory, beech, hedge and ash about 12 cords there and another 10 cords softwoods With another 4 big tree to go this fall. Never been this ready before...

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

zap

What's your softwood that you have?

zap

I know where there a monster beech down the guy will not give it up....No one I know can cut it, hes got my number so at some point I should get a call. Keep my finger crossed...This year all my hard woods are ready white pin and red oak, hickory, beech, hedge and ash about 12 cords there and another 10 cords softwoods With another 4 big tree to go this fall. Never been this ready before...

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay" date="1279255881 said:

zap

zap

zap

Lots of Silver maple (that I like pretty well) Tulip they say its a hard wood but its not quite as good as silver maple. The 4 I have for this fall is 2 tuilp will get milled and 2 maples.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny" date="1279256212 said:

zap

zap

zap

Lots of Silver maple (that I like pretty well) Tulip they say its a hard wood but its not quite as good as silver maple. The 4 I have for this fall is 2 tuilp will get milled and 2 maples.

Sounds good, Smokin I found the picture of the beech thats down and it's hard to tell if the wood is good or not.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0083.jpg
    100_0083.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 235
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay" date="1279256531 said:
zapny" date="1279256212 said:

zap

zap

zap

Sounds good, Smokin I found the picture of the beech thats down and it's hard to tell if the wood is good or not.

zap

looks good from here! lol

Nice stacks. Very tidy.

I've never had luck with end bars like you have. I'm on rocky ground, and can't pound them in deep enough.
Most of the time I'm just stacking on pallets, and either cris-crossing the ends or sloping them up to 4.5' tall.
Not as pretty, but it dries.

maplewood said:
Nice stacks. Very tidy.

I've never had luck with end bars like you have. I'm on rocky ground, and can't pound them in deep enough.
Most of the time I'm just stacking on pallets, and either cris-crossing the ends or sloping them up to 4.5' tall.
Not as pretty, but it dries.

Dry is what counts, mostly sand in the area that I'm stacking so it makes it easy for driving the end bars in.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.