Beech Blowdown

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This caught my eye earlier this spring when I was cutting at the base of this hill. Most of the beech is good with some rounds on the outside just starting to get punky, hauled tww loads out off the ridge and was done by 12:30.

This gets me off this ridge until the next wind storm. Picture 2930 is the original picture of the tree.

gibir

Attachments

• 100_3509.jpg
    100_3509.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_3502.jpg
    100_3502.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_3503.jpg
    100_3503.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_3507.jpg
    100_3507.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 100_3510.jpg
    100_3510.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_3508.jpg
    100_3508.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_2930.jpg
    100_2930.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 220
Clean looking Beech!

smokinjay said:
Clean looking Beech!

Good cutting, started at the top of the tree and she kept popping up each round I cut off. The last load the sun had come around, it was hot.

On the radio shack special we have a reading of 91.

gibir

It hit 90 here Zap. I spent the afternoon hauling water. We have not had a decent rain for almost a month and everything is burning up. Fortunately a neighbor lets me pump from his pond but if not the creek runs along the southern edge of our property. It is just easier to get from the pond.

Backwoods Savage said:
It hit 90 here Zap. I spent the afternoon hauling water. We have not had a decent rain for almost a month and everything is burning up. Fortunately a neighbor lets me pump from his pond but if not the creek runs along the southern edge of our property. It is just easier to get from the pond.

It's getting that way here, I'm thinking the county will put a burn ban on if this continues. The brook is getting real low, most of the time it's that way at the end of August.

zap

We need a rain, the field crops are stunting a bit, some of the veggie garden is a no show this year.
Nice Beech there Zap., Clean and easy.

mainstation said:
We need a rain, the field crops are stunting a bit, some of the veggie garden is a no show this year.
Nice Beech there Zap., Clean and easy.

mainstation, we'll take the rain also. We have a storm coming through, listening to the scanner towns north of us have trees and electrical lines down.

I wish we had more like that.

zap

Nice easy cutting there zap, also I like that beech doesn't have much of a bark. It is clean and supposed to burn good, I will try some this year that has been roasting in the sun for a couple of summers.

GolfandWoodNut said:
Nice easy cutting there zap, also I like that beech doesn't have much of a bark. It is clean and supposed to burn good, I will try some this year that has been roasting in the sun for a couple of summers.

Sugar Maple or Beech, the wife wants to burn more of this year so it's set.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.