Beech Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We had some beech come down, the middle is hollowed out maybe we can get some wood out of it.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0052-5.JPG
    100_0052-5.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 393
My father says we have a good amount of Beech on his land that he wants to take down this winter when the ground freezes. Looks to be what I will be burning alot of in the future. It has a higher BTU value that Red Oak and the Maples. So as long as it dries in a respectable amount of time, it should be a pretty good score.

I love burning Beech. Great stuff and I have a lot of them on the place. But they don't die, blow over or otherwise give it up and I don't have the heart to cut one of those live beauties.

I have two monster Beech in the woods in front of the house side by side one a little smaller than the other. Have always called them Beech and Son of Beech.

Grab all of that stuff you can get.

wildthangisagirLEEsaw said:
Here's my BEECH!!!!!!!
About 90% of what I burn has been beech for the last 10 years.

SON-OF-BEEECH thats a nice stack!

BrotherBart said:
I have two monster Beech in the woods in front of the house side by side one a little smaller than the other. Have always called them Beech and Son of Beech.

We had a bunch of them come out in the last thinning. It is amazing how much of the canopy opens up when even one of them comes out. Unfortunately, 99% of the beech on the property gets some disease that makes them undesirable for logs and they just get pulp prices.

Slow to dry, nice to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.