Beech Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went back in the woods today to grab the other two hemlock boards we milled on Saturday, after that we went for a ride checking for some downed trees. We found one nice size beech which is way up the hill, in the picture we are zoomed in 24 times.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3785.jpg
    100_3785.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 326
  • 100_3788.jpg
    100_3788.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_3786.jpg
    100_3786.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 339
Nice Zap... Is that a Grouse on the Log? Love wild Game? I love to sit and watch them in ther own habitat, without knowing your there (treestand). Its an amazing thing.

Your the man Zap. You and about 3 other guys are making me work to get a "BIG SAW" and an Alaskan...... Jealous guy... Right here.. LOL :)

Blue beech is know to be an awesome work bench top! ;-)

DexterDay said:
Nice Zap... Is that a Grouse on the Log? Love wild Game? I love to sit and watch them in ther own habitat, without knowing your there (treestand). Its an amazing thing.

Your the man Zap. You and about 3 other guys are making me work to get a "BIG SAW" and an Alaskan...... Jealous guy... Right here.. LOL :)

I think it's a grouse, we had to stop the rhino because it was coming down the trail at us eating berries. Get that big saw & get BUSY!

zap

smokinjay said:

That is our go to wood (20-30 below) so if I use it for a bench, I would have to burn the bench!

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

That is our go to wood (20-30 below) so if I use it for a bench, I would have to burn the bench!

zap

That would be Awesome! :cheese:

Milling is probably not the most efficient way to make firewood ;-)

SolarAndWood said:

But it sure does stack nice. Not that Zap needs the help in that area.

lukem said:
SolarAndWood said:

I am talking about throwing the whole bench in on a night! :cheese: lol Thats how you season wood!

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 230
SolarAndWood said:

Did you pull the trigger yet?

zap

smokinjay said:
I am talking about throwing the whole bench in on a night!

pyro

lukem said:
SolarAndWood said:

The Sav might stop up and give me some lessons, or maybe it will be Mrs. Sav! ;-)

zap

smokinjay said:
lukem said:
SolarAndWood said:

I am talking about throwing the whole bench in on a night! :cheese: lol Thats how you season wood!

We will be having a fire like that this year, back in the area we will be building the cabin.

zap

zapny said:
SolarAndWood said:

Did you pull the trigger yet?

zap

Haven't gotten out there yet and am heading up later today to see how big of a mess I have to clean up at camp. Looks like the power is out up there still.

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
lukem said:
SolarAndWood said:

We will be having a fire like that this year, back in the area we will be building the cabin.

zap

This one was done in the rain and had been raining for 12 hours or so.....Controlled burn if you will! ;-)

zapny said:
lukem said:
SolarAndWood said:

The Sav might stop up and give me some lessons, or maybe it will be Mrs. Sav! ;-)

zap

Heavens no! Not Mrs. Sav. I will not let her stack wood.

smokinjay said:

Jay, I don't think that is blue beech.

Backwoods Savage said:
smokinjay said:

Jay, I don't think that is blue beech.
I didnt know there was another kind...lol Old timers around here want blue beech work tops or already have one.

Yes there is Jay. But some call the regular beech blue beech. It is sort of like calling a tree poplar or popple. It's all in a name...

Status
Not open for further replies.