Been Bragging at work @ my wood supply. Now a co-worker wants to buy some.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyscott

Apr 6, 2009
arkansas
I told her $50 delivered for a pick up truck load,which would be at least 1/3 cord. She thought a cord was what you plug into an outlet... Oh Boy!!!!
Gave her a quick lesson in cubic measurement!!!

Almost didn't want to sell it with how much manual labor I put into that 1/3 cord. Now I have to haul it from my woodpile to my truck!

That $50 can buy me a couple new saw blades.

LOL its over now,and if its a big truck load your looking at 1/2 cord

leftyscott said:
Almost didn't want to sell it with how much manual labor I put into that 1/3 cord.

I've had the same dilemma. While I don't think I would ever pay $50 for a face cord, I would have a hard time pulling one off my stacks and selling it for $50. Although, it wouldn't take too many to pay for a 6-way slip over wedge.

After all the work, you can see why "seasoned wood" isn't truly seasoned from the wood sellers. Its 50% more work for the same $!

I will never sell my wood. All the hours spent on scrounging, hauling, bucking, splitting, stacking etc. etc. I'll charge $500 a face cord -- which will net me less than minimum wage. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.