Been busy.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Had Dex tune up the 021 i just picked up so cut down a few pieces of cherry that I had scrounged. Then moved another few truck loads of seasoned splits up from the stacks. That lil 021 runs good, definitely a homeowner saw but will work well for little stuff and be used a lot for trimming trees where I hunt. Nice lil saw for that. O and threw a few spare ribs on the fire pit last night!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 134
Looking good on ALL accounts, Swags. Nothing wrong with having a little saw in the stable. Not every cut requires a 60cc+ machine.

Reactions: ScotO and chvymn99
Those ribs are making my mouth water. And I got a slab of babyback just waiting to go. If the rain stops, it'll be tonight.

Reactions: Gark
Looking good, Swags! I like having a smaller saw around, especially for cutting branches off of the trees we drop once.they are on the ground.

Looks like you're keeping the ol' keyhole pit busy, eh?;)

We did some Delmonico steaks on Wednesday evening.......barely get 'em off the pit and the skies dumped a PILE of rain on us!!

2013-08-07_17-56-09_415.jpg

Looking good, Swags! I like having a smaller saw around, especially for cutting branches off of the trees we drop once.they are on the ground.

We did some Delmonico steaks on Wednesday evening.......barely get 'emthe off the pit and the skies dumped a PILE of rain on us!!

View attachment 108076
Same here on the rain, had about an hour window of no rain to cook in. Glad I got them done.

Those ribs are making my mouth water. And I got a slab of babyback just waiting to go. If the rain stops, it'll be tonight.

They were GOOD, try this.........
remove the membrane on the back
salt and pepper to taste on the meat side
rub 1/2 cup brown sugar per half rack on meat side
Wrap in 4 layers of tin foil
cook in oven at 200 for 6 hours (you can let them sit in the oven longer if your not ready to grill, they will fall apart at this point.)
Grill with rosemary sprinkled over them

You wont even pick up the BBQ sauce

Reactions: NortheastAl
Same here on the rain, had about an hour window of no rain to cook in. Glad I got them done.

They were GOOD, try this.........
remove the membrane on the back
salt and pepper to taste on the meat side
rub 1/2 cup brown sugar per half rack on meat side
Wrap in 4 layers of tin foil
cook in oven at 200 for 6 hours (you can let them sit in the oven longer if your not ready to grill, they will fall apart at this point.)
Grill with rosemary sprinkled over them

You wont even pick up the BBQ sauce
Sounds great! Can only imagine how it tastes.

We did some Delmonico steaks on Wednesday evening.......barely get 'emthe off the pit and the skies dumped a PILE of rain on us!!

View attachment 108076

First ribs, now steaks!!! You guys are killing me. I'm supposed to lose some weight. Yeah, right!

Scott, those are some awesome looking steaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.