Been busy...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
Been busy here lately getting ready for winter at both my property and my neighbors. Between moving wood and cleaning up 3 dead pine trees, I've been collecting a few hours on the hour meter. Enjoying this lovely temperature for a long fall.

984b5ea8.jpg

The tree snagged on the gate while he was pulling it through the opening. So I had to nudge it on over a little to clear the post.

e5fd341b.jpg

A load of Oak going over to the neighbors.

6ccf1cff.jpg

Unloading a load of Honey locust, in my new wood carrier.

Thats Sweet!

Nice tractor. That's a wood hauling machine.

Yes nice. That has to save you a bunch of work.

1st class looking JD. First time I have ever seen a ROPS configured that way. Usually roll bar style mounted on the tractor. Nice rig

Thank you. Yes its been a very useful tool and a back saver.

rottiman said:
1st class looking JD. First time I have ever seen a ROPS configured that way. Usually roll bar style mounted on the tractor. Nice rig
Yes, the regular ROPS is for the next series of tractors. They built the field goal post in on the loader, since its a add on, that doesn't go on these GT. JD did a pretty good job on engineering add ons, to customize them to your personal use.

Nice! Like the set up there.

Awesome, nice splitter nice tractor, you're in business.

Looks like you dropped your splits into the new wood hauler.... Hmmm.... If you got the land space, build yourself some more of those wood haulers, stack the wood in as you split, haul it off to a 'drying area'. When you need wood at the house, just go out and pick up one of the wood haulers and bring it up to the house = less handling of wood.

Looks great the way it is also! :)

Shari said:
Looks like you dropped your splits into the new wood hauler.... Hmmm.... If you got the land space, build yourself some more of those wood haulers, stack the wood in as you split, haul it off to a 'drying area'. When you need wood at the house, just go out and pick up one of the wood haulers and bring it up to the house = less handling of wood.

Thought about it but I need to get forks on the front without the bucket. Got more lifting power on the front than the rear. Might have to work on that for next year. But yes thats a excellent idea.

chvymn99 said:
Shari said:

Thought about it but I need to get forks on the front without the bucket. Got more lifting power on the front than the rear. Might have to work on that for next year. But yes thats a excellent idea.

I see the load center with the rear fork setup is way out from the tractor and that's not helping it lift any more weight. Still a nice setup. That 45 loader is not a cheap add-on to a X700 series and neither is the rear 3pt. Did you get the rear PTO? I'm just curious but did you consider the 2210/2305 at the time?

MasterMech said:
chvymn99 said:
Shari said:

I see the load center with the rear fork setup is way out from the tractor and that's not helping it lift any more weight. Still a nice setup. That 45 loader is not a cheap add-on to a X700 series and neither is the rear 3pt. Did you get the rear PTO? I'm just curious but did you consider the 2210/2305 at the time?

Yes, I have the PTO, I have a garden to take care of. %-P . No never thought of it, it would have been too big for my property, about a 1 acre. Heck its really too big for my property, but I wanted the hydraulics to be able to help me work easier. But yes, the work is more in line for the 2210/2305 capablity.

Status
Not open for further replies.