Been cutting some wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
I slacked off last winter on cutting wood due to all the snow, and I was very busy with my real job. I've been out cutting the last couple of days and man am I soar. There hasn't been any mosquitoes yet but the poison ivy is really taking off. I think I'm immune to it as I haven't got it yet and I know i've touched it.

I'm definitely not immune to it.. It gets me real good..:eek:

Got a load out of the woods yesterday before the rain so I have enough to get threw the summer ! I burn in the summer for hot water and for campfires.

I'm definitely not immune to it.. It gets me real good..:eek:
I usually get it slightly, once at the beginning of the year. Then I don't get it the rest of the year. Haven't got it this year though !

Do you get a lot of White ASh where you are was in Ohio couple of years ago and the dead Ash trees were everywhere- Awful- We were a little south of Toledo.

I had tons of white ash. I sold at least 6 semi loads of logs, and I've heated my house , shop and hot water for 4 years on it. I burn 8 cord a year. My brother also has heated his shop with it the last 3 years. I'm not sure how much he burns a year. We also both camp a lot and use it for camp fires. Probably have about 2 more years worth left. Some of it has went to wast. They blow over and rot on the ground.
Edit : This is all out of a 10 acre woods. I bet half the trees in the woods were white ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.