Been gone a while but still hording wood , back now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigeroak

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2012
kansas illinois
Been busy with my wife taking here to and from the cancer chemo. The chemo has changed her body some as she can't stand any cold weather and gets cold easy, so we had a fire tonight and that made her day. But she still likes it when I bring wood home . Here is a few pictures of what I have been up to.

Picture 1- is 3 racks 4 foot wide 5 1/2 tall and 16 foot long for a total of 32 feet long. ALL are filled with hard maple , red and black oak, honey locust, mulberry, cherry and persimmon.
Picture 2 - last of the 32 foot run , since we took the picture it is just about full of oak and mulberry. These 3 racks will be used in 15/16 - 16/17 - 17/18
Picture 3- Rack is 4x20 and 5 1/2 tall filled will soft maple, oak , ash, honey locust and hedge.
Picture 4- rack is 4 x 16 and 5 1/2 tall and filled with the same as # 3.
Picture 5- Is my racks for my cut offs, I get a lot of my wood at the local town dump and when I cut them down to size I get a lot of 8 inch and down size. Since The time of taking the picture a second bin has been built, both are 4x4x 5 tall. And it is about full.
Picture 6- is a small rack 4x4x 5 tall full of soft maple, stacks of more ash and maple to be put in the next rack.
Picture 7- is rounds that need to be split and stacked in a rack
Picture 8- Is the last round I have a large black oak tree that was dropped off . The base was at the shortest across was 52 inches and the widest was 62 inches. My maul is stuck on it for size and it is split and stacked.
I do all splitting by hand and IF I can't split it by hand the saw will. I haven't found a round that I could not get split one way or another.

Attachments

• wood2.JPG
    wood2.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 192
  • wood3.JPG
    wood3.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 168
  • wood4.JPG
    wood4.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 171
  • wood5.JPG
    wood5.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 163
  • wood6.JPG
    wood6.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 170
  • wood7.JPG
    wood7.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 162
  • wood8.JPG
    wood8.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 176
Here is the last picture that didn't load

Attachments

• wood9.JPG
    wood9.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 122
Looking good tigeroak!!!! I am as you on the processing, either maul or saw. Works but slow sometimes.

Sorry to hear about your wife...chemo is a monster. All the best to you and her and wishing her a speedy recovery.

Keep up the good work on the stacks...

Tigeroak, good to see you posting again. You have done some fine work. It must be difficult with also having to care for the wife. We'll put her in our prayers and hope both of you stay nice and warm this winter. We too have to keep our house warm and we keep it 80 or above all winter. Sweet!

Reactions: PapaDave
That's no round. It's a space station. :eek:

(My very best wishes to you & your wife. I have some experience with that.)

Hope you are able to stay warm all winter. Chemo is such a challenge.

Best to your wife. Keep her warm this winter. Wood heat is the best!;).

Wow ..great work ! Hope all goes well for everyone :)

Me and my wife thanks you all. We have been going through this for 2 years now. She has a hands free devise to talk now. She found the last lump in her neck so they took it out and had 6 sessions of chemo over the last 6 months. So far everything is going well. So again thanks to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.