Been split for a while. finished stacking yesterday . some kind of maple for 2014.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2011
mid mo
View attachment 74160 IMAG0086.jpg

Some very nice splits there but don't think it is maple. However, pictures can be deceiving.

can't be 100%. split tough green, real stringy fairly heavy. been split for almost 6mos. and now is very light like paper. had to take it down due to storm damage, probably not the best burning, but had to do something with it.

i would be more inclined to say willow

I have most kinds of maple never had any like that, Willow I have spilt doesn't usaully tear up like that either, Type of Elm maybe as I had some that was real heavy with water and dried out very light. I have had Box Elder stringy like that also, dries out lite also.

Status
Not open for further replies.