beer thread turned into a stove thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
:confused: geez I'm woundering what beer you drink...and if a beer thread can turn into a pellet stove thread... me ...I like michelob ultra light....and watching my boiler...at the same time...

:confused: geez I'm woundering what beer you drink...and if a beer thread can turn into a pellet stove thread... me ...I like michelob ultra light....and watching my boiler...at the same time...

Michelob when in the states, used to get Miller Dark Horse years ago (brother had connections at Miller;)). Fort Garry Dark from Winnipeg, MB; Lakeport Honey and Brava. The guys like to make Black and Tans on occasion... Watching the Elena burn now - she had some down time today as she was cooking us out!

Reactions: iceguy4
I like beer. I like Rum and Coke also.. I also like.... never mind.

I also am getting a new stove in a week or two (I am really trying to help you out here!!)

I also like to acquire and run chainsaws, cut wood, stack wood (not really), ride ATV's, Fish, Hunt, and long walks on the beach ;lol

Michelob when in the states, used to get Miller Dark Horse years ago (brother had connections at Miller;)). Fort Garry Dark from Winnipeg, MB; Lakeport Honey and Brava. The guys like to make Black and Tans on occasion... Watching the Elena burn now - she had some down time today as she was cooking us out!

I always have some down time ...sundays
sundays are the day I do a major clean ...today was no exception. I like to clean the horizontal pipe first while the unit is still running (the last pipe that goes through basement wall).I use a dryer brush. then I pull the ESP and exhaust blower and clean the vertical pipe with the same brush... with a vacuum right there to catch the soot... I'm up to a week with bulk hopper with only checking unit and pushing 3 rods just once a day...when I feel like it...usually with a beer...==c

Here we go again...

I put pellets in my beer. Stove Chow makes it a little bitter. What do you guys put in yours?

Reactions: Defiant and iceguy4

I also am getting a new stove in a week or two (I am really trying to help you out here!!)

I also like to acquire and run chainsaws, cut wood, stack wood (not really), ride ATV's, Fish, Hunt, and long walks on the beach ;lol

what make of stove?

Here we go again...

I put pellets in my beer. Stove Chow makes it a little bitter. What do you guys put in yours?

On hot days I will put a smidge of salt in my beer...I read a thread where a guy put a bag of salt in his stove...by accident (old school) on accident (new school)

Yeah that post about dumping the water softener salt pellets in and going to bed was hilarious.

I just wonder if Oakies make the beer stronger.

Yeah that post about dumping the water softener salt pellets in and going to bed was hilarious.

I just wonder if Oakies make the beer stronger.
hey why not try;) I know that when I use a tobacco wrap on my 420 it works much better....I havent in months though..subject to.random tests...that I can pass without "studying"::P

70 pound hopper. Schweet.

Enerzone Eurostar. Really looking forward to next heating season. But I can wait till Summer is over ;)
I looked it over...looks nice. is 78% normal for stoves ? and whats the $$$ as compared to a harman? my PB 105 boasts 86%...am I an idiot?

It did IT DID:rolleyes::cool: turn into a stove thread... how funny is that???:p

Reactions: jtakeman
Knew you guys couldn't stay on topic. ;lol

That's a real reversal. :[ I like Guinness, Yuengling Porter, Sam Adams Lager and Porter. If you can see through it, you're a feline.!!!!!

Just tryin to help....

Most stoves (pellet, wood, etc) are based on a "Standard" Efficiency #. Most use the EPA #, some use there own #'s but had to.pay an independent lab.

My Quad CB 1200 works great. But the Eurostar should he much better.

I will normally enjoy a brew when i'm cleaning, filling, or watching the stove! As to what I drink it all depends on the mood and whats in house, mostly I drink my home-brews. Just finished a wonderful java milk stout ... if its not a beer night I'll be enjoying a single malt.

I think we should guess what else Dex likes!!

My guess is...never mind!;)

Beer someone said beer?

Now ya done did dooded it, I'll have to go to Bray's tomorrow (http://www.braysbrewpub.com/beer.html , sorry folks) so I can see what Alternative Energy has for both pellets and stoves then on the way back I can stop at Frost and Flame before checking out the brews at the various grocery stores and then on to a nice nap.

Reactions: Defiant
I actually do not drink Beer...Maybe the thread will make another 180 totaling a 360 and go back to beer...

I will normally enjoy a brew when i'm cleaning, filling, or watching the stove! As to what I drink it all depends on the mood and whats in house, mostly I drink my home-brews. Just finished a wonderful java milk stout ... if its not a beer night I'll be enjoying a single malt.

I also make my own beer, I've been home brewing for the last seventeen years. Mostly I make an American Pale Ale that comes out at about 6.5% alcohol by weight. In the summer I make a German Kolsch that is lower alcohol, about 4% alcohol, it's real good on hot days, I can drink a lot of it and not get buzzed. I also make a few different fruit beers, cherry and blueberry beer mostly.

Dave

Dex this sounds like an ad for a redneck dating service lmao, Just jk Buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.