Below freezing tonight!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DTrain

Feeling the Heat
Nov 7, 2012
Stow, MA
Any one else excited to let'r rip tonight. Low of 28 tonight! I've had a half dozen fires so far. 3-5 small splits. Wanna see how my new liner drafts in the cold.

Reactions: davidmsem
37 this morning here in north east PA mountains. Weather says it will be 28 tonight. The stove is ready to go, clean. Today I need to get at a nights worth of wood on the deck. I'm stoked for a glass of red and the first fire of the season tonight

Any one else excited to let'r rip tonight. Low of 28 tonight! I've had a half dozen fires so far. 3-5 small splits. Wanna see how my new liner drafts in the cold.
Tonight? Why don't you have that sucker on now?

Tonight? Why don't you have that sucker on now?
I have a small one going now. We're used to the house between 63-68. I don't bother unless I think the house will go below 60 without heat.

But tonight..... I want to load it up and let it flex its muscles!

54 in the house right now, 35 outside so i moments ago i just lit the first fire of the season. This will be the first season i have plenty of dried wood on hand and won't have to worry about running out before spring. I can't help but wonder tho, where did summer go so fast?

Supposed to get down to 29 in the mountains of NC. Third long burn tonight.

Same here in the Tropics of Virginia. First fire tonight.

Was out of town for the weekend. No heat left on at the house. It was 21 outside and 44 inside when I got home at 730 this morning.
Propane is cranked up and the fire will be lit after work. It's no fun when you can see your breath while on the toilet.

Reactions: DTrain
29 this morning. New liner is drafting nice in the cold! Bourbon by the fire with my wife last night. Just a few reasons to celebrate the coming cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.