Benjamin DO110 Wood Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you dealer or manufacturer say? Follow that advice.

If it will go back & stay there, it should just be a matter of putting it back. But is it warped? Most overhead baffles just lay on top of side supports.

However, my Benjamin didn't have an overhead baffle - it had one that was vertical, in front of the flue breach. Was your baffle actually overhead? If it was rather vertical like mine was, it was held in place via a stud that was bolted through a metal strap in the flue breach, and that strap was prone to warping & cracking around the bolt/stud hole. Which might require a bit of a welding job - I did one welding job on my strap in the time I had it.

Either way - it is likely effective in a similar way as lipstick is to a pig. I would burn very carefully without it though - the fire will have an even more direct path to the chimney, and could light off a creosote buildup, especially if combined with a gust of wind. And these things like to build creosote.

Status
Not open for further replies.