besides Harman and Quad, whats the next troublesome brand.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyDave

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2011
western wa
I know you folks in cold weather use the stoves hard. wife wants new stove but I dont... but to make her happy I gather my evidence.

I know you folks in cold weather use the stoves hard. wife wants new stove but I dont... but to make her happy I gather my evidence.
Dirty Dave...."the next troublesome stove".
Do you mean that these are the two MOST troublesome?

lol I am not saying anything... was just looking back and those seem to be the most talked about and maybe the englands.. that is why i am asking after your blood is raised youll give better answers.

You need a wood stove that should keep you in plenty of trouble.

She could complain about the bark and insects and dirt and having to get up in the middle of the night to tend it.

The Quad and Harman seem to have the most problems because they are a top selling brand.

Sell 10 million units and there will be problems and you will HEAR these problems.

Sell 20 units and most get forgotten or scrapped?

No one ever makes a post about "This stove is so flipping awesome"!!! It's always "This stove won't work and I am cold"!! (normally operator error) ;)

Buy a Quad, Harman, Enviro, Etc and your Wife will be very Happy.

The Quad and Harman seem to have the most problems because they are a top selling brand.

Sell 10 million units and there will be problems and you will HEAR these problems.

Sell 20 units and most get forgotten or scrapped?

No one ever makes a post about "This stove is so flipping awesome"!!! It's always "This stove won't work and I am cold"!! (normally operator error) ;)

Buy a Quad, Harman, Enviro, Etc and your Wife will be very Happy.

I have a Quad, and this stove is so flipping awesome. Did I mention it was 4 this morning, and a high of 28 today?

You wonder why no one cries when their Bugatti is broken? Cause no one freakin has one.

Reactions: DexterDay
Also depends on how many bells and whistles you want. A stove with just a couple feed settings and a manual damper control may be near industructable but if you want the unit to self light when the room gets cool and moderate its own feed to keep you from roasting and wasting your fuel and have a easier and less frequent cleaning. Lemons and apples, both can make a good pie. Just sold a usedSanta Fe to someone that liked thier countryside but wife was bad at the finer tuning and cleaning the countryside required. Plus the countryside just hatched the stirrer control and todays temp was a high of 5. Gave him a used board with his purchase to keep the wife warm tonight.

well shes been looking at the XXV and a Quad but the Lopi/Avalon model also. I dont want any of this new stuff, and Ive had the woodsove in Garage for sometime..Yes that was in the house long time ago also

If you discount the fact that 90% + of the Englander pellet stove problems posted here seem to be control board user related , it might rank right up there with the best.

1) Original Poster is obviously trolling us with his title.

2) I have a HearthStone Heritage and it is FLIPPIN' AWESOME.

Not a troll, he is just looking for excuses to not get a new stove.

It is the revenge of the hubby he is plotting.

He best hope his wife doesn't read the mail here.

I Love my XXV here at the House and at the shop we use two P68s that have been trouble free for 5 years I also have a Bixby it burns both corn and pellets corn better than pellets and is a pain in the a$$ the Bixby is going to the dump !
DOLLARBILL if you were closer I would give you a few bills for that junky ol Bixby:) and my Bixby "is so flippin awesome"

If you discount the fact that 90% + of the Englander pellet stove problems posted here seem to be control board user related , it might rank right up there with the best.

Yes, a lot of user related issues, but it also seems that many of the Englanders are bought used and had problems that the original owner didn't know how or want to bother fixing. They buy them thinking you just turn them on and that's it....

"what, I have to clean this thing? The salesman at the big box store never mentioned that!"

Mr Cob yes and i would give you a deal I also have two ignitor boards One Mother Board Brand New one used Door, one set of new ignitors a used deflector,one feed wheel seal and two lengths of Bixby pipe all for 1000 bucks I am going to list the parts on Ebay and see what they bring ! I wish you were closer too !

DexterDay is right. I just did a search for "This stove is so flippin awesome" and came up with no results.

BTW did i ever tell you how flippin awesome my P61A is

DexterDay is right. I just did a search for "This stove is so flippin awesome" and came up with no results.

BTW did i ever tell you how flippin awesome my P61A is

Dang, I didn't post mine fast enough! My stove is awesome and I did post a wow thread here when I first was getting used to it. My Omega ROCKS! 4 years later even! ;)

My P43 is "Flippin Awesome" too. Temp is dropping outside and the Room Temp Auto is keeping us right at 73 degrees. Nice!! :cool:

I'm kinda disappointed with mine. Can't set the draft, adjust the trim, do the hi/lo thing. I feel like I've been cheated.;)

Reactions: gbreda and will711
Yes, a lot of user related issues, but it also seems that many of the Englanders are bought used and had problems that the original owner didn't know how or want to bother fixing. They buy them thinking you just turn them on and that's it....

"what, I have to clean this thing? The salesman at the big box store never mentioned that!"

There in lies the problem big box people don't know what they are selling,not their fault just not enough training. Also Big Box Stores are for do it yourself folks SO if you are not handy why?? are you here?? Oh I know Cheap price.

With that said Englander seems like a stand up operation with good tech support. bottom line know what you are getting into and be willing to get dirty or go some where else.

Status
Not open for further replies.